Best heatsink for 8800 gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertWolf01

Baseband Member
I have been looking everywhere for a good heatsink for my XFX Geforce 8800 GTX. Right now im idleing at about 60C to 65C, and i want it to be lower so i can overclock but i cant do that with the temps being so high. So do you guys know what the best heatsink/cooler i could get for it?
Thx, :D

actually for an 8800gtx thats pretty cool, with those hot 8 series cards, just worry when your Load temps go above 90+

but if your looking for a cooler, take a look at the Thermalright HR-03 Cooler (it does need a fan though)

I searched on google and found that a lot of people have an 92mm fan on it, will a 120mm fit or should i get an 92mm?...

krazyq has a HR-03 forsale. PM him.

are you running it on 100% fan speed? mine idles around 55*C and never goes above 70*C during gaming.

I Have the HR on both of my 8800gtx's.... I have the cm stacker case. I have a 120MM fan in the bottom front of the case as an intake. I used carderboard(yea dont laugh) and i made a duct that directs the air directly to the heatsinks, and then i have a 120MM exhaust on the side near the back of the cards. So Air ducts in from the front, hits the sinks, ducts out the side. Cards adle at 45*C, Max load hits 58-60*C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom