Geforce 9600gt Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they were charging something like a 300 dollar premium for a 125 dollar block. So umm, well, f*** that.

And your thinking bfg not evga.

I think it was 760 at first when the GTX alone was 600 so it wasn't too bad. The dangerden 8800 waterblock was a hefty price when it was first released. I also see my PP prices so it was a pretty good price.

You're right on the eVGA, I believe it was BFG.

bye bye 8800gt 256....

If they release a 256mb version of the 9600gt, then it would get killed by the 8800gt 256mb.

If the 8800gt 256mb performs the same as the 512mb in most games, then i dont see how the 9600gt beats it, since it doesnt beat a 512 8800gt. The only exception would be when adding aa/af which is already known to hurt the card due to its memory size.

Thats why i will be waiting for the higher end cards to come out, so i can upgrade to something with 512mb.

If they release a 256mb version of the 9600gt, then it would get killed by the 8800gt 256mb.

If the 8800gt 256mb performs the same as the 512mb in most games, then i dont see how the 9600gt beats it, since it doesnt beat a 512 8800gt. The only exception would be when adding aa/af which is already known to hurt the card due to its memory size.

Thats why i will be waiting for the higher end cards to come out, so i can upgrade to something with 512mb.

in most games... it still wins most of the time. doesn't matter whether it kills it or not, plus it'll probably be cheaper and who wouldn't buy newer technology that is better, even if by just a little, for less? and you have to factor in AA/AF because at the same price people are gonna say i might as well get this card that can handle it better.

in most games... it still wins most of the time. doesn't matter whether it kills it or not, plus it'll probably be cheaper and who wouldn't buy newer technology that is better, even if by just a little, for less? and you have to factor in AA/AF because at the same price people are gonna say i might as well get this card that can handle it better.

Thing is....we dont know that for sure untill someone actually buys the card and posts here.

if this was like $10 cheaper on ClubIT I would totally buy the 9600gt over the hd3850 256mb I'm getting from Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom