$1500 Gaming Comp! Please help tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
as for the psu i'd go with the corsair 520hx, its a great psu i just got one and i love it. i'd definitely stick to 2gb unless your going 64-bit vista then 4gb would be good. stick to some nice ddr2-800 to save you some cash, plus a pair of ddr2-800 ballistix will hit ddr2-1066 speeds fairly easy. im not sure about those patriot's but their extreme series is supposed to be alright from what i hear. if you don't want an antec 900 you could go with a cm 690 or a cosmos or nzxt lexa (black-line looks sweet!)..

if you don't want to spend $250+ go for a p35 chipset. the x38's are just newer and better technology (pci-e 2.0 & have lots of bells and whistles with tons of features. they are comparable to a 975x vs. p965 a while back), they are probably the best OC'ers also. if you don't want SLI i'd stay far away from the 680i/780i.

personally i'd recommend the DFI lanparty dark p35 if you can find it, newegg no longer carries it.

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Yea go with DFI or abit, depending on how much you want to spend
for psu i recommend a Corsair 520hx, it will power EVERYTHING you need

i don't know why but i just love the Gigabyte its such a clean case.. i really like what aspire did to his though, might be part of the reason.

yeah i really like that DFI, but then again im a huge fan of DFI mobos they've always been the best to me in the past.

There is only one power supply that is honorable enough for such a build. Yes its over kill. But it's tasty.
Antec TruePower Quattro
JonnyGURU.com - Power Supply Reviews and more! - Reviews - Antec TruePower Quattro (TPQ-850) 850W

And if that doesn't make your mouth water go with the PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer or Corsair 750TX
For the same price as the 700 toughpower
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Black) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail
Which is much better.

And if none of those do it for you then go with a silverstone one.

BUT, if you must, the toughpower is still a good choice, I would just much rather have the Name of PC power and cooling for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom