messenger lag..

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
whenever my friend gets on his msn messenger now , he can do evrything normally except right as he hits SEND to send a IM it freezes for about 5-10seconds then sends message. I've never heard of this problem before i've always sent IM's instant. Can anyone help?

what IM program is it? depending on what it is, has your fried tried removing it and re-installing it?

1. Check out the messenger's website to see if they're doing something (like maintenance or upgrades) that could be slowing things down.

2. Check the program folder to see if there's a cache file that may be getting too big (causing lag).

3. Wait it out. Sometimes the network may be unusually loaded with traffic.

4. Check your settings. Was anything changed recently?

5. Time for a virus/adware/spyware check. Run'em all, check'em all, get-rid of em'all.

6. Clean your PC. Most lag issues (when spyware, viruses, and network lag aren't happening) are caused by your PC being a junkyard. Defragment, scandisk, disk-cleanup, check your page-file usage, and try archiving some old files you never touch to clear up space.

7. There's a seventh step...but you'll need coffee and at least one magazine before you're ready for that...

funny thing is this is on a new system i built him. I loaded windows up and everything was fine.Gave him computer and he calls saynig there is that lag on msn. I'll try to cache thing, but i know its not their network cause it lags on EVERY message every day.

try using other messenger services like yahoo or something. see if it has the same problem and that way it'll narrow down the possibilities. also, any lag online surfing or gaming?

my personal fave is aim but wut connection do u guys have it could simply be a problem of bandwitdh although i dont see how unless u guys write essays to each other

Let's not forget that MSN is zippy on its best days.

I agree with the above. Try another chat program. Like, maybe one that doesn't suck. :)

Make sure you check HIS network. He could be getting crap from the way his computer is setup to handle the Internet, and also how it handles connections. Firewalls, routers, ports, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom