3 - 8600GT's and a multiple monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

techinvest

Beta member
OK, I just put together a new PC. I am a daytrader so this isn't a gaming PC or whatever, it just basicly needs to be relativley fast, and push 6 LCD's. So I combined a NForce 780 SLI motherboard, 3 Nvidia 8600GT video cards, a 3.0Ghz Core 2, and 4GB of Crucial RAM.

Now the PC runs great, my problem is in the resolution... or lack therof. I have 6 Samsung 204BW Widescreen LCD's (20" ?). Anyway, their native resolution is 1680 X 1050. But The problem is that I think at least I'm pushing some limit of either Vista or the NVidia cards. I suspect the latter so that's why I'm posting here. Right now I have them all running @ 1280 X 960. That's the only way I can keep them all at the same resolution. When I go to 1680 X 1050 5 monitors will display that resolution, the 6th one drops off (or down) to 1280 X 1024. I'd like them all to run @ 1680 X 1050 without having to drop back down to XP. Any solutions here? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the cards are NOT SLI'd or anything, just a regular config.

Attachments

• almostthere.gif
    almostthere.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 32
  • howitisnow.gif
    howitisnow.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 32
Seeing as the max resolution of an 8600GT is 2560 x 1600 it sounds like a driver problem. Try reinstalling your nVidia driver.

It could also be a hardware problem however. Since none of the cards are SLI'd, check which card the monitor that drops off is hooked up to. It could be that the card is flawed and you might need to RMA it. Try hooking the monitor that drops up to another card and set the resolutions again. If the same monitor drops again then it's most likely the monitor instead. Post back once you've tried all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom