new pc is up! temp problems e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
my new pc is up, thanks to everyone who helped me along the way! everything is all good except for the cpu temps. i did read about the e8400 having temp reading problems, and my bios is staying at 41c, motherboard at 35c, not changing. everest doesnt change from 23c for the cpu and 35c for the motherboard. core temp shows around 41c-42c. I know those temps are not right. how can i fix this so they are read right? bios update? how do i do that?
Specs:
ASUS P5N-D
evga 8800gt superclocked 512mb
intel core 2 duo e8400 3ghz
2x 1gb Crucial Ballistix ddr2

because its a 45nm chip, i have arctic freezer 7 pro cpu fan, and i read that there are temp sensor problems. anyone hhelp me out?

If there is temp sensor problems, then your not going to get an accurate reading in anything. Do you plan on overclocking? If not, leave it be.

If it is a temp sensor problem then I guess your stuck with it. It is a new processor for that motherboard. You can hope for a BIOS update that fixes it or send it back once they fix it by hardware.

If it isn't the sensor then it's very odd. What you can try this early on is underclock it and then see if the temps go down at all. Try bringing the FSB down by at least 33, making an even 300. If they go down it's more likely it's not the sensor. Although you still can't rule it out completely.

good news, scored 12,125 on 3dmark06!!! i know thats pretty good with everything at stock speeds. with my amd 3200+ 2ghz i scored 5k, so this is a big boost for me! yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom