Geforce 9600gt Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont look there >.> most of the time its US onry anyhow lol. This is cool though, hope they get the rest of the 9** straightened out soonish

vernong...you beat me to it.
i posted this in buy/sell thread.
maybe you shouldnt use tech forums in the morning and just goto school!!!:D

i guess my thread can be deleted there.

and from now on im posting deals over here cos no one looks at them in the buy/sell/deals thread(frankly, i dont think ppl know it exists)

btw, i did post a deal about the q6600 on sale at micro center.

I was at school :D

May not be a 8800GT but it sure does look slick. esp. the XFX & Evga one.

Nice to see Nvidia's finally rolling out the 9000 series, even though it's not revolutionary.

Im pretty mad at nvidia right now....why did they release an 8800gs, if theres a 9600gt for almost the same price? Theyre virtually identical in performace too, the 9600gt just having a bigger heatsink.

why is this card cheaper than the 8800 gts 512?

also since i got the 90 day step up program w/ the 8800 gts, will i be able to get this card free? since its cheaper than the 8800 gts??

That card is suppose to replace the midrange 8600GT, if i were you I wouldn't think even for a moment changing the card you already own for that one.

The new product can replace its predecessor, the 8600 GT, running in a PCI Express slot in a PC. "The first product to be introduced in the GeForce 9 family gives gamers the horsepower to play cutting-edge DirectX 10 games at a price they will love and can afford," Ujesh Desai, general manager of GeForce desktop GPUs at Nvidia, said in a statement. DirectX 10, which is only in Windows Vista, is the latest graphics technology from Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT).

The latest graphics card has a better performance-per-watt ratio than its predecessor, Nvidia said. Contributing to the performance boost is 64 stream processors versus 32 for the older model. In addition, the new card has a 256-bit memory interface running at 900 MHz.

Nvidia Launches GeForce 9 Series With Midrange Graphics Card

NCIX was offering eVGA 8800GTX's with dangerden waterblocks on them for a while. Came with a 2 year warranty so you didn't have to void it yourself. They might do the same this time around with the 9800.

Yeah but they were charging something like a 300 dollar premium for a 125 dollar block. So umm, well, f*** that.

And your thinking bfg not evga.

This is a good step up though....the 600 series cards have always been the "bang for your buck" with the exception of the 8600gt. Remember the 6600gt...7600gt...this time around it became the 8800gt, but now its back to a 600 series card. There was really no need for an 8800gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom