CPU installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
Im installing a q6600 into a asus maximus extreme board, i have the arrow in the right location i have the cpu aligned with the center of the socket, i go to close the latch but it wont close, what am i doin wrong ive looked at videos and it looks like it should just fit right in and the latch should just close but i cant get it close without serious force, which i am avioding...

does the cpu kind of drop into the socket when aligned correctly?

if so, the latch won't just fall down and close you'll have to apply a little pressure, but shouldn't be getting up out of your seat to shove it down.

also you might want to make sure none of the pins are bent on the bottom of the cpu, i had a problem with that one time and i bent them back into place and it worked out. but i would HIGHLY suggest you do not do that with your cpu!! it was only a barton 3200+ for me, nothing worth worrying about only worth a couple bucks.

As long as you can feel it just kinda fall into its slot, its fine. For latching it in, it does take some pressure, my first build, i thought something was wrong too because of how much force it actually took to latch it, but just take it slow, and it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom