Microsoft Vista SP1 now available for download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Ive heard this from some source but no link was posted so im not sure how true this is.

so im waiting for someone with vista to confirm this.

Re: Microsoft Vista SP1 now available for download

No it is still NOT available for download. Not unless you have MSDN or TechNet. It most likely will be leaked very shortly now that it is available from these sources but Officially it is NOT available from Microsoft till next month.

an update went through on my pc running windows vista x64 business. I thought it was SP1 but in the text it says:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

Installation date: ‎21/‎02/‎2008 16:51

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta is an update to Windows Vista that addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 Beta addresses specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Help and Support:
Microsoft Help and Support

Maybe its a typo from microsoft as I doubt they`d put a beta via windows update and label it as important :)

Microsoft pulls Vista SP1 update | CNET News.com

They pulled SP1 cause of driver issues. Plus the installs have caused issues and failures among many systems. I am not just saying this. This is just the easiest news article i can find. SP1 is NOT out yet. That artilce was just posted yesterday. So while you may have it on your WU now. It should be pulled shortly and not availe within the next day or so. They have not released SP1. I was slated for March.

Yeah I heard that but if it was pulled how come it was an option in my windows updates...unless someone messed up. Luckily It went through without a problem.

Some people it still shows up cause they have not pulled it from those that have already started the process from what i know. There are 3 or 4 prerequisite files that have to be installed first. After those files are isntall then you get the update for he SP itself. You already installed the prerequisite files. Which are the ones causing the problems.

Since you did not have such issues you got the SP. I dont know if htey have removed the SP update yet. I know they have said they pulled it. Doesnt mean it is gonna stop everyone from downloading it.

Yes it seems that the SP glitch is only for 64 Bit users. It is showing up on several PC's right now. This is been noted in the Newsgroups and we will have to see what happens. Glad that baronvongogo install went okay. As mikee is right. The files have been known to cause a reboot loop which only a restore point can fix. Sp be careful if you venture to isntall this..

Yes it seems that the SP glitch is only for 64 Bit users. It is showing up on several PC's right now. This is been noted in the Newsgroups and we will have to see what happens. Glad that baronvongogo install went okay. As mikee is right. The files have been known to cause a reboot loop which only a restore point can fix. Sp be careful if you venture to isntall this..

well im glad taht i dont have vista yet.
I hope the my managers pc that i built is fine and this error didnt occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom