Help, Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDRUM2663

Baseband Member
I dont know if it's my sound card but its pretty new, when i turn my volume up on my 5.1 Logitech Speakers, Its like a low pitched bass noise. Any ideas?

Bad chip on the sound card or dad connection causing the dddaaaa hummm ing sound most likely. Inspect the speaker out jacks on the card to see if they appear loose at all.

Also check the plugs for the speaker set there and look over the setting in the audio console for that model card. You may simply have to disable the equalizer if you are using that while a loose wire touching or a jack seeing a cold solder point would be another thought.

You could have a bad slot where trying one of the others if more then 2 are seen could help. The other obviously would be a problem with the card or some setting in the audio controls you could try reducing or disabling to see if that then clears it up.

well i noticed few days ago in my BIOS that AC' 97 is Enabled, Should it be disabled due to different card, its not onboard anymore..And ill try moving slots tomorrow

That's your problem there! One is competing with the other. Once you install a separate sound card you always disable the onboard since that is looking for the same IRQs as well as other resources.

You shouldnt be using both your sound card and the onboard. The onboard should be disabled...

That's the same as when installing a separate card rather then using onboard video where you then change the PCI/AGP or PCI/PCI-Express pci setting to the other one and see that the onboard is disabled. Otherwise you see nothing onscreen when starting up with the monitor plugged into the video card then installed.

On every board since onboard sound was first being seen I always disable that and use a card. The onboard then becomes a last resort if a card fails.

Gee? Still using those cards iwth the Creative Sound Blaster icon on them even for the Xtreme Gamer in use. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom