CCleaner screwing my web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
So I got CCleaner from a mate who said it was real good. Cleaned up registry etc etc, and nothing appeared to have change but it apparently cleaned up like 970mb of stuff. Cool? no.

I go to open ign.com and BAM, no .css seems to be loading, everything is in dodgey font, the links are bright blue and purple once clicked. all defaults, webite unusable. can't read anything.

WoW forums (shame, i know, but another example), BAM! Couple of images load, lots of crappy default text, massive white background, website unusable.

Even my guild's forums banner wont load for some reason. That is within 20 mins of using the net. don't know how much more is screwed, but normal stuff like google, here, myspace, seem to work.

now i seem to remember something like this happening while i was using gran paradiso, and i just reverted back to firefox 2 and everything was fine. i used another one of those cleaning programs, so this time i backed up the registry, cleaned it. tried reloading registry, successfully added, did nothing whatsoever.

any idea on how to fix this cause it'll drive me crazy. i'd rather kill myself than use internet explorer, and it would appear firefox is screwed.

cheers,
Sydz

System restore to the day before you ran it. This is the first I've seen CCleaner doing this. Sure it isnt something else?

CCleaner cleans out your web cache files. Where some of those files could have been stored. CClenaer does not affect anything else. Firefox should be able to download all of these images again.

yeah well it's happened twice now, lol, sigh
both times was using the cleaning utility programs like ccleaner, so idk what is going on. i'll try a system restore

It could be the "other" program you are using. From the sounds of it, it isnt jsut CCleaner you have tried. I know that CCLeaner would not affect your system like this. I can not vouch for any other though.

Just did a system restore, did nothing.

The "other" program, I can't remember what it was, but it was deleted a long time ago, but it was along the same lines as CCleaner. And yes, I am certain CCleaner did it cause I didn't run any other programs yesterday aside from a couple of games, and the exact same thing happened when I used a similar program to gran paradiso.

sigh, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom