Is the E8400 the best processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the same price id wrather have a q6600 then wait for the e8400 to com in stock theyl be relatively just as fast weather one be at 3.8ghz and the other at 4ghz. the q6600 will perfom jus tas well and be more future proof.

3.8? that is pretty dag on fast for a q6600 to run 24/7. and i did 4ghz on mine with no trouble at all. a tiny voltage increase, and that is it

What applications support the Quad Core, the only one I use is Carbon Coder which probably most of you never heard of . And when I do use Carbon Coder I DO NOT multi-task.

i got mien stable at 3.8ghz before ive got a vid of 1.2, vdub also has a vid of 1.2 and he ran 3dmark 06 at 4.0 alltho it isnt stable, i can run stable at 3.8 im only going to do so when i lapp tho, i run at 3.7ghz right now constant. exept one of my ram sticks died. so im back at stock.

I can run stable at 3.8, but the extra voltage needed isnt worth running it 24/7. I am perfectly stable at 3.6 and 1.4v. Also, what a lot of people dont realize is that there is a difference between "multi core optimized" and a program just not using multiple cores. Almost every program will use the multiple cores if you tell it to. Alot of programs default to only using 1-2 cores though, but if you set the affinity to all 4 cores, it will balance the load and give more performance.

why get the e8400 when your gonna go quad anyways?
might as well get the quad now so you dont have to deal with spending more money and the hassle.

i didnt like this dual core from the beginning.
sure it runs cooler, overclocks like mad, etc etc.
In the end, the quads will always win.
Atleast i dont have to deal with upgrading for a long long time.
and now the q6600 is going for only 200 at microcenter.

why get the e8400 when your gonna go quad anyways?
might as well get the quad now so you dont have to deal with spending more money and the hassle.

i didnt like this dual core from the beginning.
sure it runs cooler, overclocks like mad, etc etc.
In the end, the quads will always win.
Atleast i dont have to deal with upgrading for a long long time.
and now the q6600 is going for only 200 at microcenter.

Haha I will agree for 200. But e8400 everyday price is 189.

I can run stable at 3.8, but the extra voltage needed isnt worth running it 24/7. I am perfectly stable at 3.6 and 1.4v. Also, what a lot of people dont realize is that there is a difference between "multi core optimized" and a program just not using multiple cores. Almost every program will use the multiple cores if you tell it to. Alot of programs default to only using 1-2 cores though, but if you set the affinity to all 4 cores, it will balance the load and give more performance.

I keep hearing talk list the programs please.

I just wanted to OC the heck out of my cpu. And I didnt want to keep my e6600 anymore. and when the nehalem comes out, oh man. I cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom