changeing out AMD 350 processor with AMD 475 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

polywog73

Beta member
I have put together a computer for my daughter useing some old ones and I want to change the processer, it currently has a AMD-K6-2/350AFR 2.2V core/3.3V
I have a AMD-K6-2/475AFR
to change this processor is it as simple as unplugging and plugging in the new one? I put the new one in but how do I know if it is working properly?

I have put together a computer for my daughter useing some old ones and I want to change the processer, it currently has a AMD-K6-2/350AFR 2.2V core/3.3V
I have a AMD-K6-2/475AFR
to change this processor is it as simple as unplugging and plugging in the new one? I put the new one in but how do I know if it is working properly?
I appreciate any help you can offer, i'm new to this but am very interested.

Dude, that is some old stuff. I don't even remember the socket/slot for those.

you're main problem will be one of two things... different sockets, and motherboard compatibility. If the two CPU's are the same socket or not should be pretty obvious. As for the motherboard, you will have to do some research.

Find the make and model (manufacturer and model number). If you currently have the lesser one running, download Everest and run it to get the info. |MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20

Once you have that, Google for it, adding the word "specifications" with the manufacturer and model. What you are looking for is the highest compatible CPU for the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom