My dog urinated on my computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziniphrix

Solid State Member
Ok, I don't know how often this happens, but it happened to me. As the title says, my dog ****ed on my computer. Most of the urine got on the outside of the case, but some of it got on the back around the USB ports, sound ports, video card, etc., all the good stuff. I have reason to believe some of the urine got inside the case and possibly on the motherboard or other components, although it was a very small amount.

I realized this a day or 2 after I noticed my comp became, well, slower. Programs that use to take a second to load at max now take 3-5 seconds. It doesn't smell like anything shorted, and i'm 99% positive my computer was off when this happened.

So my question is this...if the dog **** has indeed slowed my computer, but hasn't shorted it, is there a chemical I can use to clean off my video/sound cards, etc. that won't damage them(I've heard using alcohol, but I'm not sure if it's true)? And if not, then, what do I do? I'd rather not take it in to proffessionals to fix or clean it, I've always built my computers myself and getting a third part just feels like a waste of money.

You can use alcohol or even water. Just make sure it dries before you power it up. And no, we don't get this often.

Lol wow...not something we hear everyday around here...

Like Peter said, just use some alcohol, to clean everything off.

Lol, of course isopropyl. I may be careless by leaving my comp on the floor, but not careless enough to use any random product on my computer. If that were so, I wouldn't have asked you guys for help :p Thanks everyone :D

Well, I had to directly explain the problem, and get something catchy enough for me to get help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom