Stock Intel Cooler FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
videocard is like 200watt idle... the power thing in the control panel only shuts down the moniter, not the video card right?

200 watts idle? Lol 8800gt's dont use that much, idle about 160.

With a 500w PSU its actually closer to $30 to running 24/7, at least in the US.

Electric Power Monthly - Average Retail Price of Electricity to Ultimate Customers by End-Use Sector, by State

Average seems to be roughly 9cents per kilowatt per hour.

500 watts is exactly half of of a kw, so its easy. It costs you 4.5 cents to run it per hour, which is roughly $32 a month.

Thats at full load though. I dont run at full load 24/7. Its also a high efficiency psu. I estimate my usage to be around 250-300 at full load. I fold with the regular client, at 50% usage and shut off the monitor.

Power Consumption
Watts
Radeon X1950 XTX GeForce 8800GTX

Idle

Load

Power consumption was measured using a Kill-A-Watt power meter that measures a power supply's power draw directly from the wall outlet. The power supply used in the test system is a Thermaltake Toughpower that carries an efficiency rating up to 85%.

lol less than 160idle... the 8800gtx here w/ all other components is idle 229

321 load for a fully loaded gtx system still is pretty low... and, folding u arent running gpu, and that is your most power hungry part... so you shouldnt look at too much over idle

321 load for a fully loaded gtx system still is pretty low... and, folding u arent running gpu, and that is your most power hungry part... so you shouldnt look at too much over idle

Any estimate whats load and idle is for my system??

Don't some people fold with their GPUs?

Yup, im looking at folding with two x1650pros since they use less power than the x1900 cards, and have about 60% folding power.

folding with your gpu is only worth it if the rest of the pc is carp. You won't get more than 600-800ppd even with an overclocked x1950xtx....a simple dual core at 2.0ghz will get loads more than that. My q6600 @ 3.6ghz got around 4500-4800ppd

intel coolers warp boards.

leaving your computer running to prolong it's life is a myth. while expansion and contraction do cause wear and tear with shutting down/powering up a pc it is nothing compared to the wear and tear of constant operation.

if power is a problem when folding it's better to just not run F@H all the time than to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom