Intel GMA950 or Nvidia mcp73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even know what Hyper Sli is, i dont think it exists. But anyway, you cant sli one onboard card with a dedicated one. Even if you could, its stupid sli'ing two crap cards because most things dont support sli, you will see minimal increase and you lose two monitor support (if you have two dedicated cards running in sli, which is two cards running on two separate PCIE slots, you lose the ability to use more than one monitor.).

Right now, Intel controls the high-end market, but AMD rules the low-end. You can get better price:performance with AMD, especially in the low to mid performance market. Simply, AMD is a better deal for you.

I would go with the 4000+. Not only does it perform better but it costs less. AMD motherboards are also generally cheaper.

SLI isn't worth it. I wouldn't consider it unless you can afford high end cards.

Now is the best time to get a mid-range desktop. You get the most bang for your buck than you ever have in the past. Good luck with your new build.

Ahh okay, Hybrid sli, helps if you used the right word but doesnt matter. Anyway, Hybrid SLi is only available to some motherboards:

Hybrid SLI® Enabled Motherboards

AMD Platform

* GeForce 8200 mGPU
* nForce 780a
* nForce 750a
* nForce 730a (GeForce Boost only)

Intel Platform

* (Coming soon!)

So just forget SLI for now. Your best bet is to just get the 7600GS if you just want a family desktop. Or if you want to game (going upto the higher end cards), a 8800GS/9600GT/HD3850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom