What's after xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
I'm building a computer and I was wondering if Windows was going to come out with a new OS in the not to distant future. I'm, afraid if I buy xp then a new os will come out and i'll be "behind."

EEEEeeeekkk! Thou hast speaketh'ed'ded the dreaded'deth'ded word!

No seriously. I work in the same office building as a Microsoft branch office. If you walk by a crowd of them and mutter "longhorn" they scatter like you've dropped a stink bomb.

And really...Who's stupid idea was it to call the next version "LongHorn"? Think of yourself saying that to a customer or support requester, and hum it to yerself.

shoobierat, longhorn is its codename, they always have codenames before final release.

buy the xp, if you don't want to buy it, i highly recommend getting linux, its free.

Windows 2003 came out after XP, and is currently the latest Windows.

They're are versions of Longhorn that has been released into P2P but they are very buggy.

I know it's a codename. Longhorn is just a dumb name, especially for public info.

Second, I do use XP, both at home and at work, and I do use 2003, both at home and at work.

Lastly, "if you don't want to buy it, i highly recommend getting linux, its free"...

HA!

Even IF everything I used ran on Linux with the same functionality, compatability, and feel...I'm not running to Linux just because I don't want to pay money for the operating system I'm running on. (Because, you know, it's so -wrong- for a company to develope products for money.)

-AnGuiSh- said:
Windows 2003 came out after XP, and is currently the latest Windows.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Windows 2003 is the name of the latest Server OS edition - not desktop.

ShoobieRat said:
I know it's a codename. Longhorn is just a dumb name, especially for public info.

uh-huh... and if you were a MS developer, what codename would you have given - pray tell.

ShoobieRat said:
Lastly, "if you don't want to buy it, i highly recommend getting linux, its free"...

HA!

Even IF everything I used ran on Linux with the same functionality, compatability, and feel...I'm not running to Linux just because I don't want to pay money for the operating system I'm running on.

As I read Xotix's posting it seemed to me he was merely giving you a suggestion in a cordial way rather than insinuating that you're a dumba*s.

----------------------------
Jerigorn,

Longhorn will not be out until 2005 last I heard. The way it's going, I won't be surprised if it's delayed to 2006. Dont' wait to build your new PC - you can always install XP and upgrade when the next version comes out.

you're right lone wolf, windows server 2003 is designed for mid-high range servers, not for desktops.

LOL, dats funny.

LOL, that even funnier, yea i was just giving some options.

If you think the name Longhorn is dumb, Microsoft is planning on releasing a Windows ME style interim version called Windows XP Reloaded to bridge the gap between XP and Longhorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom