cpu and motherboard pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
i may have used too much force in puttin in my cpu, how would i be able to tell if any, if i damaged one of the pins on the motherboard. Would my computer even boot up, or would i get an error message...

Check the pins on the CPU, if bent you need to see if you can bend them back, but if they are horribly bent then you have a problem, there's a little release on the side of sockets to open up it up for your CPU, a CPU will very easily drop into the socket when open, if you tried to force it, the socket was either closed or pins were already bent.

Use a credit card or a and something skinny like a knife to straighten the pins out. After you get them as close as you can slid a credit card along the lines to make everything straight. Hold it up to the light to check. You need to be very careful when doing this.

I've had this situation when I bought CPU from an ebay. ( that is the CPU OF my siggy...)
what you should do is.. be very careful.. don't apply so much force on it..
use a magnifier glass...and a knife or something that wouldn't bend the other pins when you apply force. If you have got so many pins damaged, do one pin at a time.

To straighten pins, use the barrel of an (empty) lead/mechanical pencil. Perfect fit, and one pin at a time.

Nobody reads his post do they? He is working on a modern mobo: socket 775. The pins are on the mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom