need a reliable popup blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use firefox... its faster (takes a little to get used to for some), and I have no problems with pop ups. It alerts you when a window was coming up, stops it and then you have the option of going in and deciding to "unlock" to allow that particular window to come up.

I use avant browser which is really a skin over IE. It remember pages and has a heap of other function. Only problem is the bars (Google / Yahoo and Popup cop bar) dont go in for some reason. Basically you can open many window within the one browser window and when you close it it will give you the option to reopen pervious windows.

Can someone send me a popupcop key or show me a link on how firewalls work and where do I get one. Trying to stop my system from shutting down.

Bronze.

Errrr havent any of you got to grip with pop-ups yet?

For RELIABLE pop-up/ad blocking etc use either PRIVOXY (for minimal 'fiddling') or THE PROXOMITRON (for maximum twiddling)....FULL STOP.

badkitty said:
i've been using super popup blocker 4.0 but lately its not workign anymore..and after a few days it wont open with IE or even close when it does open. Anyone know a better one.

I use xpsp2 ie it lets you view the popup if you need to,that way you don't have to enable-disable all the time. and I take a class on the net that has a popup effect when it opens

Yeah, if you can wait one more day, service pack 2 for xp has an added feature in IE that has a built in popup blocker. I tried SP2 for quite a while and it was probably one of the best popup blockers I have ever used.

FireFox works great! I love the tabbed browsing as well. I put all the forums I visit on a regular basis 9about 8) in one favorites folder and open them all in tabs with one click. No pop ups at all

CplusX2 said:
FireFox works great! I love the tabbed browsing as well. I put all the forums I visit on a regular basis 9about 8) in one favorites folder and open them all in tabs with one click. No pop ups at all

xp sp2 ie has tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom