$1000~ pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
My friend is in the market for buying parts for his computer. I'll be helping him build it, but as far as parts go, I'm not really sure anymore, not sure if he should go with the core duo 2 which are real good from what I've seen/heard, or the older AMD processors that are pretty **** cheap and good bang for the buck. I've searched the forums n such, but I thought I'd make a topic anyway to get specific feedback.

What he has chosen already:
Mouse: Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1600 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail
Keyboard: Some $8 keyboard
Monitor: Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail ~ he might just go for the 19" one for cost purposes(for the other parts)
CD drive: im selling him one

What he needs:
Processor- amd? intel?
motherboard-
video card- evga still the way to go? which card?
memory- 1gb? 2gb now-a-days?
power supply-
operating system-
case-

Did I miss anything?

So if he were to go with the 22", he would have about $700ish for the parts needed.

Edit: Forgot to mention what he'll be using this PC for..
main use: gaming
secondary use: just normal everyday things, browsing, burning CDs, stuff like that.

if he's gonna be gaming he'll want a better gfx card like a 3850/3870/9600GT/8800GS

also bump up that cpu if you can.

Change on the case. As far as the video card goes, he says he'll be only playing 1.6/CZ after this build, so the 7600GT will do more than enough for those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom