Free Microsoft Software for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UK students can verify with an NUS Extra card

Nice!

I was frustrated to find that my UK university (Keele University) wasn't listed. If you are a student in the UK and your University isn't listed (like me), you can use your NUS Extra card to verify that you're a student.

An NUS Extra card is also an International Student Identity Card.

Choose ISIC (International Student Identity Card) as the organisation in step 3 of the verification process. You'll then be asked to enter your ISIC number. With an NUS Extra card, you'll need to enter the last 12 digits on your NUS Extra card, prefixed with the letter 'S'. For example:

extra20cardbulkfrontfd2.jpg

The ISIC number of the NUS Extra card above is: S123476549185

You should then be able to verify and go on to download the software.

So, are you giving us all permission to use your card number since you posted it?

@ mcovalt

You view is so askew. It is not Microsoft's fault. It is not Dell's fault. Do you blame Apple for the way the MP3 market is as well for the iPod's? If not then why? they do the same thign Microsoft has with Operating Systems and Dell has with PC Making.

No it is not that everyone is like your parents or even close to it. Jsut go to the Virus section and see the sticky about the Best AV out there. Norton and McAfee are not even voted if even there. People who know how to use Google know that they are not the best product.

To say that Microsoft is a Monopoly is so WRONG. You want a monopoly....Apple. You can NOT run their OS on anything but their hardware. At least 1.) Not legally or 2.) without some major hacking.

You say Mirosoft is a monopoly yet Microsoft allows for you to use their software on just about every PC made. Even Apples. So please try to place the blame where it belongs. Microsoft is so expensive cause of 2 reasons.

1.) Hacking
2.) Piracy

Yet if it wasnt for the prices the piracy wouldnt be so high. but yet the piracy is high cause of the prices. Nice paradox isnt it?

Apple's are harder to get Linux or Windows to work on than any other PC. At elast with a Dell you can put Linux on it easily. Try to find any kind of driver support for a Mac AirPort.

Windows is the furthest thing from a monopoly. There is more compitetion in the Windows market than there is in the Mac area. Plus i see things like this done by Microsoft all the time. Offering discounts to students/teachers. Giving out free TechNet Subscriptions to people in the Middle East. Yeah real bad company to give away their whole software arsenal for free. Lets see Apple even think about doing that.

Dont blame Microsoft or Dell for the miseducation of people. If people were to do research and just read a few thigns about the subject matter they would know all they would have to know. It is the media that plays this part. PCWorld is so Pro-Norton that i think Symantec owns stock in the magazine. Yet this is to blame on Microsoft how?

i was going to ask you guys if I should dl xna studio...but I decided yeah anyways ;) it's free to start I think, but via this you get the 12month thing free :D

got a few things in the qeue already...wondering if I should just dl all :D

@ makaveli123

I still strongly disagree with you. However, I do not have the time nor the recourses available to properly respond. I will try to get back later.

WAH....my dls for dreamspark total about 7 gbs....I love MS! :D
anyone dl'ing xna...make sure to head to the xna site to get some additional tools for it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom