Bottlenecking

Status
Not open for further replies.
vernong - Right now I'm working on slowly overclocking, testing here and there, going about 200mhz, testing. Its starting to get on the hot side with the stock heatsink, cores temps maxing at 25c in coretemp, and cpu temp at about 42c max in speedfan. Prime95 stressing, 1 ran per core. How much farther should i go with temps?

and you can easily get up to around 55C load and be very comfortable. I plan on running mine up to about 60/65C on load. and you want to stress all cores.

anyone know if there is a cpu temp monitor that works for the e8400? ill have my stuff tomorrow, and i heard all this stuffa bout how the temps are read wrong.

anyone know if there is a cpu temp monitor that works for the e8400? ill have my stuff tomorrow, and i heard all this stuffa bout how the temps are read wrong.

just an answer, cus I have it.

I am not sure if mine are right or not. Core temp, on stock, reads mine at like 38/40C, but at full load at 4ghz they were only like 50C. So I dont know what is right. I read somewhere that anything over 50C was accurate, but they were not being read correctly at anything lower. I havent tried everest, and I wont until I get xp back and am OCing it that OS again. maybe start an OC thread with yours, and see what works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom