Once again, troulbes with ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
I had my stryker mb sent out to get fixed, and I replaced it with my old asus p5ld2. it ran fine for a while until i put vista on it and updated all mb drivers to vista. now i can only get one dvdrw to work, and all usb are running at the old 1.1, and its telling me i need to install a new driver for it. ive downloaded and installed everything for this mb with the exception of the newest bios update, becasue i dont have a floppy drive anymore. Bios sees all my hardware, windows just doesnt want to run it. oh yeah and also 2 of my DIMM slots have stopped working also, cant boot up with ram in them. all of this happend at the same time. i knew i shouldve gone with linux.

Get rid of Vista is all I can say. I had Vista on my Asus system for three months and got so sick of inconsistency I dumped it and went back to XP pro.

Vista is a few years too early, its just like Windows 98 all over again, here comes Vista Second Edition lol, but yeah I hate Vista, XP Pro is best atm

You don't need a floppy disk drive to update the Bios, you can use a USB drive. For that MB, I would say Vista is not a good choice. I like Vista, running it on 2 pc's I just built and not one problem with either one. Both are ASUS mb, one Maximus Formula, one P5E-VM HDMI. Older hardware just causes to many problems with Vista, stick with XP until you get your mb back, or limp it along with Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom