9600GT review from TweakTown

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested :: TweakTown

Pricing should come under the HD 3870 and well under the 8800GT. While the card tends to perform on par with the HD 3870, sometimes better and sometimes slightly worse, with the great success NVIDIA has been having over the past few years people simply feel more comfortable using an NVIDIA card instead of an ATI based one. NVIDIA also tend to partner up with more game companies it seems, meaning that ultimately newer games are made for NVIDIA and able to perform better on their cards.

This quote is from the conclusion

This video card performs very well when running AA, sometimes slightly better than 8800GT. Check page 12

The 8800GT still beats it out, but I'm sure it'll be much cheaper, making it a good value for the money, but I'm sure we'll start seeing 8800GT getting cheaper not too long after this thing comes out.. so who knows.

I have to admit, I really regret getting my G92 GTS for many reasons, I wish I stuck to getting a GT because now I feel totally ripped seeing as to how soon the 9 Series is coming out, the resale value of my card is going to be really bad, considering the average person will also confuse it with the 320/640 versions and idiots always think the mid-range of the next gen is better than the high-end of the last gen... blargh

ah, maroon. Always trying to find a way to put down ATI.

So basically, they're going to perform a bit less than an 8800 GT, for a lower cost. Sounds like a good card for Crysis, if people don't want to spend a lot.
Though I still like my crossfire'd 3870's.

So basically, they're going to perform a bit less than an 8800 GT, for a lower cost. Sounds like a good card for Crysis, if people don't want to spend a lot.

I congratulate ATI for actually releasing more information about their 4-series than NVIDIA has about their 9-series.

The 9800GX2 is not looking particularly nice either, being just 2 G92 GTS stuck together (actually two pcbs... yuck)

so, I'm looking forward to ATI's offerings, I wasn't entirely impressed by their offerings this time around, but the next generation is looking good

I saw this card at best buy today!

there was no price... but still. they had a 9600gt, I almost fell over. The other newest card they have is a 8600gt. It had to be under 200 though, because they dont stock anything over 200 in video cards.

There ultra gaming system they had on display had a q6600 with a HD2400PRo. oh my.

hey apokalipse, im gonna sell my HD 3870 x2 for $350 when i hear the official release date of the HD 4870 x2, u want it? Got it on 2/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom