Intel GMA950 or Nvidia mcp73

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said its for office work. Amd is even good for gaming, intel chips just overclock higher and perform slightly faster at stock speeds than amd's chips, but amd owns the low-mid end dual core market, with great performing chips at a great price. If you take overclocking out of the picture, the chips are about head to head.

A low end video card will help overall system performance, and make movie playback smoother, both standard and hi-def.

You dont really even need a dual core for what the pc will be used for, a sempron will handle the stuff just fine and even some multitasking when paired up with 2gb of ram. Dual core will be much better though.

Maybe something like this?

CPU: Amd Athlon x2 4000 - $59.99
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 - $54.00
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W - $39.99
Motherboard: Foxconn A6VMX AM2+ - $52.99

The motherboard above has built in Radeon x1200 but i wouldnt ever use that, this card is the minimum for officework/play nowadays.

ECS GeForce 7600GS 256mb - $56.99

oh guys
you're changing my mind. i m thinking that the rig recommended by zedman3d is quite a good bargain. so the question is AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ vs Intel Pentium E2140
OMG!
hard to decide which one is better.

i m a intel fan so i have not taken AMD into

Yea get the intel build

Also, if you are going to buy from newegg then get E2160 instead of E2140 because they both cost exactly the same

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2140 Allendale 1.6GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2160 Allendale 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

They both cost $73

so the question is AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ vs Intel Pentium E2140

E2160 cost the same as E2140, so there is no reason to compare 4000+ to E2140

Intel is well-known to perform better in office applications

hey guys can you find me a mobo with hyper sli? i m not sure whether it is a nvidia mcp78 or something else. with this chipest, a low end video card could sli with the integrated card, cool idea?

Theres no point. Sli with low end cards does almost nothing. Then you lose to ability for dual monitors should you ever need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom