Is the E8400 the best processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own both.

I say e8400, FAR BETTER!

As for future proof? Thats all hear say I will wait to see some quad advantage programs first before ever buying a quad again.

I PERSONALLY will not make that mistake again.
how is it far better?
if your going to upgrade to a 45nm quad later on, go ahead
but a q6600 is great for multitasking and will last your computer longer

how is it far better?
if your going to upgrade to a 45nm quad later on, go ahead
but a q6600 is great for multitasking and will last your computer longer

When you say multi-task describe please.
A q6600 will not necessary make a computer future proof.

When you say multi-task describe please.
A q6600 will not necessary make a computer future proof.

Running many CPU-consuming programs at once (music + a game, or many browser windows, music, photoediting, video encoding, etc).

And a Q6600 will make a computer more future proof than an e8400, because the Q6600 is a quadcore, and the e8400 is a dualcore. More apps will support quads as time goes on, so you'll be more future-proofed with a quad (better performance in the future).

Running many CPU-consuming programs at once (music + a game, or many browser windows, music, photoediting, video encoding, etc).

And a Q6600 will make a computer more future proof than an e8400, because the Q6600 is a quadcore, and the e8400 is a dualcore. More apps will support quads as time goes on, so you'll be more future-proofed with a quad (better performance in the future).

You actually play a full window game + do video encoding + listen to music + plus photo editing + plus instant messaging?

Please list some programs that support quad core. I only know one that I use and no one here has probably even heard of it!

You actually play a full window game + do video encoding + listen to music + plus photo editing + plus instant messaging?

Please list some programs that support quad core. I only know one that I use and no one here has probably even heard of it!

He clearly said "or" between those applications. Implying one and another. Maybe three at once.

A ton of design programs like photoshop benefit from the 2 extra cores, also games with more threads will also benfiet from the 2 exta cores.

But performance wise? not probably not that noticable, if your one of those people who use the comp for a living and need that extra speed, go ahead get the q6600, work station guys will be using the x9650 quad extreme or w/e, overclocking will fudge the calculations.

A ton of design programs like photoshop benefit from the 2 extra cores, also games with more threads will also benfiet from the 2 exta cores.

But performance wise? not probably not that noticable, if your one of those people who use the comp for a living and need that extra speed, go ahead get the q6600, work station guys will be using the x9650 quad extreme or w/e, overclocking will fudge the calculations.

I some what agree but at the same time don't agree. Remember I have both of these processors and I don't see q6600 to justify the price or the notability of increased performance. Referring to the thread, I am going to still stand to e8400 being the best processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom