8800GTS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, my wireless connection is stronger on this beige box than it was on my new rig...

BE AFRAID:

Earth-shattering specs include: 4.0GB HDD, 8MB ATI RAGE IIC and a Pentium II @ 300MHz XD

I will update this post if anybody's interested in seeing what XFX support is like. I've heard good things till now:
XFX will replace your card if your dog took a **** on it

sorry to hear this merk, i guess you dont wanna know my new 3dmark score!
hopefully you get the rma and get your new card...
it would really suck to loose that much money.

Funny, my wireless connection is stronger on this beige box than it was on my new rig...

BE AFRAID:

Earth-shattering specs include: 4.0GB HDD, 8MB ATI RAGE IIC and a Pentium II @ 300MHz XD

I will update this post if anybody's interested in seeing what XFX support is like. I've heard good things till now:

Why is ur subwoofer on top of ur desk? put it on the floor man.

Why is ur subwoofer on top of ur desk? put it on the floor man.

I normally would put it on the floor but I'm using it to hide a huge hole on the top of my desk XD

I got word from XFX, they asked about getting a more detailed photo and to send it to a specific email, that was on the 18th... still waiting for the next response

worst case scenario is I just solder them back on myself, I'm actually quite confident that I can do it, I'm getting really good at soldering ****, mah gramps gave me a crash course in soldering (I could probably just get him to do it) it's really small, but a steady hand and magnifying glass is all you need.

you should have just played dump but whaats done is done, so hopefully they accept the rma and dont have to deal with soldering it.

btw, where did you buy the card from?

you should have just played dump but whaats done is done, so hopefully they accept the rma and dont have to deal with soldering it.

btw, where did you buy the card from?

Well, to be quite honest, I wasn't that entirely ****ed when the resistors got knocked off. I was just like, "ooo I seemed to have knocked off some important-looking and microscopically small resistors, oh well then.." What's $300 really worth in a lifetime? I hardly ever break something of this value, so I'm not fazed by it, it's not a continuing problem that's consuming me. I'm glad that I just have a better standard of living than 99.9% of the world, and throwing some money down because of a mistake like this isn't the end of the world. It happens. But if I can have it fixed then all the better.

I bought it from DirectCanada.com

why you ask?

Well, to be quite honest, I wasn't that entirely ****ed when the resistors got knocked off. What's $300 really worth in a lifetime? I hardly ever break something of this value, so I'm not fazed by it, I'm glad that I just have a better standard of living than 99.9% of the world, and throwing some money down because of a mistake like this isn't the end of the world. It happens.

I bought it from DirectCanada.com

why?

o cos depending on how long you had it...the store could have a return policy but o well.
hopefully they reply to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom