Replacement GTX Not Displaying Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
I finally got my computer back up and running today after 3 weeks of inoperation. I had to have the CPU, mobo, and my GTX all replaced via RMA. Everything seems to be working fine now except it's not displaying any red colors for some reason. Normally a graphics card displays 3 colors: red, green, and blue, which can mix and become other colors as you probably know. But for some reason, it's almost as if this graphics card can only display green and blue because that's all that's showing up on my monitor.

I've tried 2 different monitors with the same results, reinstalled the drivers, I even double checked and triple checked to make sure the cable wasn't plugged in incorrectly or something. Any ideas?

I don't want to RMA again so if I can't get this fixed then I guess I'll just have to deal with it until I can afford to upgrade my graphics card.

Are you using a DVI -> VGA adapter? Sometimes that can screw the connection up. If you have another cable lying around try that as well. It could just be the actual wiring inside the cable that isn't working.

Also make sure the cable isn't near anything magnetic. That can distort the colours.

Yes I am using an DVI-VGA adapter... the gtx only has dvi out connections and my monitor needs vga so I don't have a choice unfortunately... thanks for the suggestions, I'll try different adapters and things like that when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom