system restore and add/remove programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE138301

Baseband Member
1. system restore will not work

2. when I go to add/remove programs screen, nothing will load. what is happening with this?

You may have corrupt windows files. May need to do a reinstall. You could try a windows repair program. There really not that great but cant hurt.

How and where do I find the Windows repair site? I have tried everything to get rid of what is making my computer go crazy. I need to get to the add/delete site and delete some programs, but it is just not there. Listed below is what my virus scan keeps telling me that is maybe bad. How do I get to these items and get them off?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}\"StubPath"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}\"StubPath"

It appears to be in the registry to i recoemned download and run adaware 2007/8 it scans the registry and is "usually" able to remove crapware from it. Also try spybot and hijackthis

There is no Windows Repair site. You insert the XP CD and do the repair isntall from there. It is not hte first menu that you see. But you cntinue with the install and after you agree to the EULA it will scan your system for previously installed Windows. Then it will find your Windows install. From there it will give you the option to do a repair install with the press of the R key.

The best option for the Virus issue. Go the the Virus section of the forums. Follow Osiris's guide. Post your HiJack This log in the Analyze area.

Have you tried running system restore in safe mode? I had that problem. Booting into safe mode and running system restore worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom