$1000 roughly for SILENT gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Thermaltake Soprano.

The stock fans are not quite, i can't really tell you where the noise comes from, but theres a bit of noise in my case.

I'm planning to switch out the stock fans. Only costs what, 10 bucks each?

If someone could give me a summary of the musts and a small list of recommended products, I could build off that on my own with some research. Right now I'm sort of in the dark still.

I'm planning to switch out the stock fans. Only costs what, 10 bucks each?

If someone could give me a summary of the musts and a small list of recommended products, I could build off that on my own with some research. Right now I'm sort of in the dark still.

look for low dBA(below 25 should be good)
high cfm, over 50-60 and make sure the rpm is atleast over 1k...

you could get Acoustifoam and put that in your case to prevent noise, and use Rubber Grommits in certain gaps to prevent vibration (check that Extremetech article I posted before)

Don't ask for help about silence @ Tech Forums, you won't get it.

Get a P182 and either a Scythe Ninja with a low speed yate loon. Get a bunch of low speed yate loons for the case itself. Get a Corsair HX520. Use an Accelero S1 for your video card.

Purchase the yate loons @ petra's tech shop. ALSO.. PLEASE, don't just buy fans based on what manufactuers(spelling.) rate them at. Because that's BS, and a lot of times (for example, in Thermaltake and SilenX's case) they are completely BS.
Yeah, but cases like the RC 690..

Stuff like foam, at least in my experience has proven not to help much or very significantly, and I think you can get quiet enough without it, especially @ your budget.

I put car alarms on my computer to make it louder. the more loud the more leet imo.

:D

fo real. WHen mine boots up, it makes the noise of a dumptruck backing up. and whenever it is working hard, it cries like a newborn baby. totally the best comp ever

Don't ask for help about silence @ Tech Forums, you won't get it.

Get a P182 and either a Scythe Ninja with a low speed yate loon. Get a bunch of low speed yate loons for the case itself. Get a Corsair HX520. Use an Accelero S1 for your video card.

Purchase the yate loons @ petra's tech shop. ALSO.. PLEASE, don't just buy fans based on what manufactuers(spelling.) rate them at. Because that's BS, and a lot of times (for example, in Thermaltake and SilenX's case) they are completely BS.
Yeah, but cases like the RC 690..

Stuff like foam, at least in my experience has proven not to help much or very significantly, and I think you can get quiet enough without it, especially @ your budget.

did i not say scythe ninja in like my first post... or you can wait for the orochi.. that thing is HUGE... and passive :)

and heavy

well, i'm not saying you nosboost

but people recommending a 690 for SILENCE?

and TF just isn't a silence oriented community. I find they're TF is a lot more into ricier/flashier/louder computers than other communities :\ obviously there are exceptions though.

i agree... i'm a plain jane man... no need for leds and bullcrap for me! lol i don't care much for silence though... but i know how to achieve it!

but i agree, alot of people here like brightlights, glowing and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom