$1000 roughly for SILENT gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

flushentitypacket

Baseband Member
I've been looking on silent air cooled setups and I'm overwhelmed at the thousands of accessories needed to have a truly silent computer.

I am not planning on overclocking (if so, very little) so maximum cooling is not the issue as much as silence.

If you guys could help me by recommending the essentials for silencing (and of course video card, mobo, etc) and the blingy accessories for it also, that would be awesome. Thanks.

I've also been looking at this case, is it silent worthy?:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Soprano DX VE7000BWS Black 0.8mm SECC Chassis/ Aluminum Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

as far as silent goes just stick with stock cooling or a better fan and if you get a 8800GT get a accelero s1 to go on it and don't even bother with a fan, keeps it really cool without it.

some very cool and silent cases...two that i can think of would be the
Cooler Master 690 and the
antec p series(p180,182...etc)

you could get the acfp or just stick with the stock cooler if your not gonna oc( the stock cooler isnt really loud)

at low rpm the tuniq is very very quiet, the only case fan i hear is the one with a fin missing so it ratle a tincy bit not disturbing in anyway tho i type louder.

I have the Thermaltake Soprano.

The stock fans are not quite, i can't really tell you where the noise comes from, but theres a bit of noise in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom