Blank DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiproite

Solid State Member
I am using a HCL Leaptop c9509...for some reason it doesn't detect blank dvds....it does detect cds and I am able to write on them but not on dvds. I am also having problems with the win32-sap virus which my avast antivirus detcts every now and then. I am thinking of reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling my OS. But then I have to back up my data for which I need the dvds. I have installed Winamp 5 but still the issue persists...i am using Windows xp

So go into nero and look for the online upgrade or update button.

then for the drive goto the manufacturers page and check for a driver update for the model you have.

I was just thinking whether its an issue with the firmware or the dvd drive in my lap top..nyways I will do as u say

Hey buddy...just to let u know that it didnt work...I couldnt find the drivers ..anything else u would like to suggest...I am thinking of updating the dvd/cd drivers through the device manager...but I am not sure of whether I am selecting the right ones for updations

I will give it a try with the brands that u have mentioned...the only thing is it doesnt detect it only...thats what irritates me...just for your information..I completely formatted my c:\ and reinstalled my Oprating system..the virus win32 sap utlity is gone..thats a good news but I am frustrated with my dvd drive...I had to part with some of my documents to get my c:\ formatted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom