DYI Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is there "excess" electricity? Is there heat from the volume control of your speakers?

Actually, i control my speakers from an external mixer which does get pretty warm, but like i said i dont know much about electrical currents and stuff like that, just sound.

Actually, i control my speakers from an external mixer which does get pretty warm, but like i said i dont know much about electrical currents and stuff like that, just sound.

That's because the mixer is "powered"?

@Harper: Do you know what the variable resistor is called? How the LM7805 works? And why is the heatsink there?

@Harper: Do you know what the variable resistor is called? How the LM7805 works? And why is the heatsink there?

no idea. Sorry.

Will be having a chat with a friend of mine about this later on tonight. But if you have some tips or suggestions, I am all ears.

very nice Harper

also don't you mean DIY?

keep me informed on this, because this could be pretty useful

That's because the mixer is "powered"?

Yup.

harper, why dont you just pick up a hardware controller. Theres some pretty cheap ones out there, i bought one for $15 and its simple but works good.

Yup.

harper, why dont you just pick up a hardware controller. Theres some pretty cheap ones out there, i bought one for $15 and its simple but works good.

A few reason.
1. Every one has the drive bay controllers. However I don't have any avalable drive bays.
2. Drive bay controllers seem to control 3 or 4 fans. I only need to control 1.
3. The PCI bay controller I can pick up rather cheaply. However it's the postage being more than the actual unit that is stopping me.

A multi position rotary switch and some resistors would probably work.

Look here for finding out the correct resistor values. If I had a 3-way switch I'd probably do 12v, 7v, and 5v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom