Z-640

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
i bought a logitech z-640 and i hooked it all up...i think they're all plugged in the right places, and i set it up with the Soundmax thing that came with my motherboard (Asus P4C800E Deluxe with 6 channel onboard audio)....and I played NFS and all the speakers work fine and sound pretty good...but then i tried to listen to my songs and went to winamp...but only the 2 front speakers and the subwoofer works with the songs...do i have to get a plug-in or something? how do i get all the speakers working with my songs? thx

Heh, Had the same problems. If you installed the Creative software, you have to set it so it actually uses the speakers. Just try messing around with the settings, I'm on a different computer so I don't know what exactly it is.

hmm dont have a creative soundcard...so dont have the software....well i got the middle speaker to work by pressing matrix...but the rear 2 still dont work...did you get all the speakers to work with winamp??

Yes but if he's trying to listen to music (which is in stereo) and has matrix off then hes only going to get 2.1 sound. If matrix mode is on then the the rear and center speakers will filter into a 2.1 system. This creates music from all 5 speakers instead of just 2.

hmm i tried the options thing in winamp and it was like that already and didnt work....yeah the matrix only makes the center speaker work....but now i got another weird problem...after playing Vice City, and i play NFS, the rear speakers dont work - even in NFS....so then i have to set up the speaker again in order to get all the speaker to work in NFS...takes like 5 secs but its gonna get annoying....and dont i need a plug in to get all 5 speakers to work in winamp?

5.1 works with my DVD's, and games....i fixed the vice city thing in the settings...it just doesnt work with winamp...i found this plug in that makes the 5.1 work in winamp...but the quality of the song is worse...so im not gonna bother with that

to get 5.1 sound you need a decoder. If you have a sound card the sound card is generally the decoder. I would recommend getting a Sound Blaster Audigy card (whatever you can afford). However if your onboard sound is "supposed" to handle 5.1 and you have all the proper plugs plugged in then you should be able to download some software that enables 5.1 sound. Go to your mobo manufacturer website maybe?? Mess around with audio settings in control panel??

ps. DONT put matrix mode on. this is only to enable the center speaker if you dont have a decoder. You should be able to output to all your speakers without matrix mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom