Handling a CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
hi, my new stuff should be here on thursday, just wondering how should i touch the cpu to put it in? i read that u should use gloves blah blah. what kind of gloves? I believe the Arctic freezer 7 pro has the thermal paste already on it, so i dont have to worry about that.

I never used gloves when I handled mine. Just handle it by the sides and try not to touch the top/bottom (pins) of the CPU. If you do touch the top, just clean it off with alcohol (which is what I did when I had touched the top).

Always touch metal (the side panel of your case should do fine) before handling the CPU, and also touch it only around the edges like you would a CD or DVD.

I never used gloves when I handled mine. Just handle it by the sides and try not to touch the top/bottom (pins) of the CPU. If you do touch the top, just clean it off with alcohol (which is what I did when I had touched the top).

I used hydrogen peroxide on mine, works just as good.

wow never knew cpus where that fragile lol. My 3200+ im using right now (e8400 on the way. Since when is Newegg in canada?) i applied the thermal paste with my finger tip lol, no problem with it. I will be more gentle with my precious e8400 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom