Another Build Component Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgerme

Baseband Member
So as I wait to see if I can solve the problem with my current computer I want to figure out a solid combo of OS, motherboard, video card, RAM, processor, power supply, and Hard Disk. To be honest I only have one reason to build a new computer...I would like it for the release of Warhammer Online. I have a laptop which fulfills all of my other needs. I really can't afford top of the line hardware and I'm not terribly worried about my computer becoming outdated. I would just like a set-up which I can use for gaming and will work well together. I don't need to purchase a keyboard, mouse, monitor, or speakers...I have a case but I'm not sure how important the case is and I may have to buy a new one. I honestly feel the last computer I bought was not put together well at all, in terms of the hardware working together, and I would like this one to have as few of problems as possible....if that's reasonable.

Anybody have set-ups they think would fulfill my needs? I would say my price range is $600-800.

buy a case anyways

you don't need much for warhammer online

e2200
Abit ip35-e
8800gs (or hd3850/8800gt)
Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit
Choose a SATA hd based on the size you need, along with an optical drive (or 2)
Corsair 450vx

Three questions...what would you guys recommend as a good case for this build. I don't care about looks or anything fancy, just something that will work well with the components suggested.

Also, which Crucial Ballistix Kit are you referring to. I searched on newegg and found a bunch of different ones. There's even a 2gb one right now for $39.99 Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Lastly, is it generally known that Intel is the better option...over AMD?

I have no suggestions with the build I suggested :D

currently, you should move to Vista, but if you don't have an old copy XP, get Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom