Foxit vs Adobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballboy1205

Beta member
I am sure all you guys have PDF softwares on your computer. Which pdf reader do you prefer and why? Adobe reader is big, but it give you good accuracy for your file. Foxit reader is small and fast but it lacks some functions adobe has. I need some input on this to do a report. Could you guys give me your opinion on this? Thank you very much!!! :D

I use Foxit. It may not have as many options as Adobe, but I am willing to live with that in exchange for the speed and small footprint. I haven't seen Foxit render anything inaccurately yet.

Adobe Reader has become bloatware, big and sluggish. There is no reason for most of the crap it loads when you try to read a PDF.

I use FoxIt as well. Only cause it works on every install i have on my PC. XP/Vista and Ubuntu. It is IMO the best option. If you have to create a PDF there are other options as well. Like dopdf that will create it from a .doc file. there is also a extension for Office 007 that is called Save as PDF which does what it sounds like.

So there are plenty of better things to use rather than Adobe for PDF now.

I use Foxit. It may not have as many options as Adobe, but I am willing to live with that in exchange for the speed and small footprint. I haven't seen Foxit render anything inaccurately yet.

Adobe Reader has become bloatware, big and sluggish. There is no reason for most of the crap it loads when you try to read a PDF.

there's no reason for all the junk it loads....AND....how it tries to behave..creeping those "auto updates" and junk. That's some intrusive software.

I have my external hd here...there are a few other pdf apps I use. One actually allows me to print print protected pdfs, lol...lazy atm to fire it up :D

I have the regular version. I acquired a Foxit PDF writer, but I haven't installed it yet. I haven't bothered to see if the pro version was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom