Customized Vista installs - help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Customized Vista installs - help needed.

Ok where I work we are in need of a customized Vista install disk, we need it to have support contact details and programs. Can anyone point me in the way of a tutorial to make a custom install disk?

I believe nLite allows you to add your own programs to an install disk. Give that a try.

I believe nLite allows you to add your own programs to an install disk. Give that a try.

nlite only works on XP not Vista.

You want vLite to be exact.

vLite - Windows Vista configuration tool

Only problem is thta if you mess with the Vista install to much. You actually corrupt the install. With Vista they have made it very hard to mess around with it and make custom installs. You can not even slipstream SP1 intot he Vista ISO. You will corrupt it and make it un-usable. But you can try this. It may work out for you.

Ah, I thought there was just an updated version of nLite that worked with Vista. I stand corrected I suppose.

That is going to be your best option. Since Vista is not very popular there are not many people out there yet trying to hack at it and make things like this. So it will still be some time before vlite can match ranks with nlite and do what everyone wants.

Plus with SP1 to be released next month. You will see Vista SP1 ISO's and discs start to hit the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom