New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_sharks86

Baseband Member
Alright, so my brother needs a new computer and he is ordering it from cyberpowerinc and I helped him pick out these parts:

- Intel Quad Core Q6600 at 2.4ghz
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail

- Thermaltake Toughpower 700 Watt Power Supply
Newegg.com - Thermaltake toughpower W0105RU ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, and BSMI certified - Retail

- CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 Heatsink
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-L9U1-GP 92mm Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler - Retail

- Asus P5N-E nforce 650i
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

- 2GB of Corsair RAM

- Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 512MB (EVGA)
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P2-N757-TR GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

- CoolerMaster Cosmos Case
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

- Windows XP Pro

My brother will be going to college next year so he will be using this for typing essays, surfing the web, listening to music and gaming. He plays alot of rts games and rpg games (mainly WoW). I don't see him overclocking or playing games like Crysis, probably the most demanding game will be Warhammer Online.

So please let me know what you think of this build. If there are any compatibility issues, power supply issues, heating issues, different parts that you would recommend. Thanks in advance. One last thing, my brother wants to order this soon because his current computer is dying and his budget is around $1400. This computer costs about $1330.

cyber power is WAYYY over priced, you would be better off building one on ncix if he doesn't want to put it together himself. the 8600gt isn't a very god card if he is doing mid level gaming go with a 7900gt. and if his budget is 1400 u could build a tri sli 8800gt512mb on ncix so you would be much better off going there. the system u have there could prob be built for 800 on ncix if not less.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately alot of the products you guys suggested are not offered by cyberpower. Also, I could not find a computer builder/configurator on ncix.

Just pick out the parts and buy them separately...you're gonna be able to build it a lot cheaper if you buy them separately/build it yourself. It's very easy to do.

wi know that, wow i forgot the x, there's no such thing as an 8880gtx, learn before u post lol. on the home page at the top it says pc builder, u clikc on one of the choices and u can edit the components.

wi know that, wow i forgot the x, there's no such thing as an 8880gtx, learn before u post lol. on the home page at the top it says pc builder, u clikc on one of the choices and u can edit the components.

theres no such thing as a 512mb 8800gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom