Can't Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excelsium

Solid State Member
Hi,

Recently I have been having problems with my computer. Whenever I turn it on, it all starts up normal, but then the monitor just turns off. I've tried it with two monitors, which leads me to believe it's something within the actual PC. The only thing I believe is it is overheating almost instantly. I have been getting that problem when I was able to actually get on. There is actually a rather hefty amount of dust within the PC, which I have yet to remove. Could this be the problem? Possibly it actually slowing down the fans which in result overheats the PC? Any help is strongly appreciated!

Regards,
Excelsium

How hot is your computer running? Also, your RAM may be getting too hot. I tried overclocking my RAM once and had this problem.

That's the thing, I don't know. I haven't overclocked my ram, but how did you lower it, if I may ask? My computer is a Hewlett Packard, with the following specifications:

Intel P.4 2.4GHZ
512DDR
GeForce FX 5200 128MB
80GB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Try these things:

1. Re-seat processor
2. Make sure you dont have your anti-burn regulator set to low, which is found in the bios.
3. Make sure processor fan is spinning.

My monitor looses it's signal and turns black, the button goes orange, instead of the regular green, that is on the monitor.

Have you got an old graphics card around to try out? This would eliminate it as a graphics card problem. Your not doing something silly like not realising its gone to sleep are you? I went to sort someones computer out last week who had the same problem. One press of the escape key and it was all up and running. You never think of the simple things.

I don't have a graphics card around. I tried pressing escape, didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom