Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
I have one WD raptor in my pc and i want to add another one in RAID 0, How do i do it, am i going to have to delete everything off my original HD and reinstall vista or can i just add the other one into the computer and go from there.

Maximus Formula
Antec 900
umm... Windows vista
WD raptor

when you create your raid array it will delete everthing off your other HD. You will have to start from scratch

wow that sucks, so should i just back up all my files, format my raptor and do what i did when i finished building the computer, (install vista) but set up RAID?

yeah, when you boot your comp, right afer the POST screen you will enter the matrix storage program, you have to hit a key, cant remember what it is off hand ( like shift I or Ctr I) and then it will let you set up your raid array. Keep the strip size at the default size, which is the highest size available, then click ok. You dont need to format your raptor btw, when you create the raid array it will do it for you automatically. Then when you install windows it will show you raid array as whatever name you gave it ( i called it RAID array, very creative i know) and your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom