Starcraft 2: perfect computer for starcraft 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
$80 is a pretty significant difference in price, especially when an X1950PRO or 7900GS can run almost any current game maxed out except of course Crysis, I mean really, the only reason we have 8800GTXs, G92s and Ultras is to play Crysis at a playable level on close-to-maxed settings.. in reality, an X1950PRO is more than enough for everything except Crysis... the only other game I can think of that really requires the power of this gen of cards is maybe WiC, everything else runs great on the mid-high-end spectrum of last-gen/DX9 tech.

Starcraft is likely to be as scalable as the original, so im guessing (hoping) that my sister's pc will be able to run it so we can do some multiplayer (XP 2600+ 1GB DDR, FX5200 128MB). The last thing i want to do is get a brand new pc just to run SC2....still, if i needed a new pc to run SC2, i'd probably get it....SC2 is the only game i have ever anticipated with so much glee xD

$80 is a pretty significant difference in price, especially when an X1950PRO or 7900GS can run almost any current game maxed out except of course Crysis, I mean really, the only reason we have 8800GTXs, G92s and Ultras is to play Crysis at a playable level on close-to-maxed settings.. in reality, an X1950PRO is more than enough for everything except Crysis... the only other game I can think of that really requires the power of this gen of cards is maybe WiC, everything else runs
great on the mid-high-end spectrum of last-gen/DX9 tech.

That's not true at all...an x1900 won't run UT3, CoD4...quite a few other games maxed out.

At medium settings with no AA yeah...but then it looks like poop

ah i forgot about the gs... ya maybe gs and e2180 if you got an overclocking kinda feel

i never thought i'd see the day pc gaming was cheap... good times are coming

8800gt 256 mb and a 5000+

Thats my system!! And yeah i can max all games an run crysis on high with 33fps. I can put 4xaa on in multiplayer on cod4 at 1680x1050/high and it runs smooth, but in single player not possible, i assume since the mp maps are smaller and not as highly detailed/optimized for multiple players.

SC2 will need to be very scalable to reach the a huge audience like its predecessor did. The game will probably run on most single-core cpu setups (P4 and up) and I'd imagine maybe a GeForce FX series card or ATI 9xxx card will be the absolute bare minimum to get lowest possible settings with a playable framerate.

Pretty much. Blizzard's devs are pretty good at making games that will run on older computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom