Upgrade this average gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenny

Baseband Member
UPDATE:

Screw my old post. This is what I need now.

I want a new motherboard for dual sli vid cards. I currently have one 8600 gt 256mb so should I just get another one of those to cut costs? I need at least 2-3gb ram and new PSU. What combo do you guys suggest to keep me around 300-500(if possible?) so I can spend at least 300-500 on a 21+ inch monitor.

if you know the exact model, all you need to do is upgrade the CPU to like 6000+ or something around that area and upgrade your videocard to a 8800GTS, 8800GT or HD. If your looking for something cheaper but still adequte, a 8800GS or HD 3850 will do. Ram is also cheap now a days, you can get a nice pair of overclockable good stuff for less than $50.

What size PSU should I get if I go with a higher end video card?

I think I need a new MB in order to get a better processor. What combo do you guys suggest for a decent price?

your gonna need a decent PSU, recommended atleast 450watts and 30amps total on the 12v rail.

your whole mb, proccesor mobo combo will be up to you and i could give a few pointers, you got any expernace in overclocking? You wanna spend all $1000 or wanna try to keep it low but still awesome peroformance?

i rather keep it low. to be honest im looking at random companies like cyberpowerpc.com to just buy a computer and crap. i found some dual video card ones under 1,000 easily on their web site.

i consider myself good with comptuers and fixing them, just nothing good with MB. i've installed them with some trouble and can do bio updates, but never did any OC stuff.

so if you want to throw something together, i wouldnt think about in terms of OCing, bang for buck style though. or a web site that lets me customize a computer and they build it.

Okay, new update.

I want dual sli video cards. Doesn't have to be top of the line. So I'm definately going to need a new mother board and RAM. I have windows xp pro atm.

So I need a MB, 2 video cards, at least 2gb memory(more maybe?), and an upgraded PSU.

Should I just get one more 8600 GT 256mb? That could cut costs. I need an MB thats easy to install. I heard the strikers and stuff are awesome but not for the novice installer.

So should I get an mb that supports pci e 2.0 if I go with just a single 8800gt 512mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom