Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated Power supply guide

Yeah i read that, mine is pretty good too and i only paid $70 for it. Im sure i could do two gts's in sli and still have power left over.

Thats why I bought a 670 Watt Peak output, PC power and cooling power supply. Which also has a 5 year warranty.
Maybe I can use it for 5 years? One can only hope.

I will probably go through two changes of GPU's, CPU's and motherboards before it's warranty runs out.

Never heard of or seen any review for it.
So unless it's really new on the market, it is more likely more bad than good.

Never heard of or seen any review for it.
So unless it's really new on the market, it is more likely more bad than good.

well thats what i thought since i didnt see it on your guide...this guy who posted on 3dmark showed his specs so i was wondering if he is safe. Here are his specs:
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6
Conreo q6600 OC at 2.7GHz
2 Gig of Generic DDR2 Memory
Nvidia 8800 GT
2x 80 Maxtor SATA2 HDD
2x 320 Maxtor SATA2 HDD
Generic IDE Raid Card
Atrix PSU 650 Watt

and all I can say worth every penny, my score went from 3,300 to 12,000 so christ my machine has me smiling, gonna leave my machine to have time to run in then going to see how high I can clock this bugger.<<<<thats him talking.

Just becuase a brand isn't reccomended or on the avoid list doesn't mean it will blow up.

Its just, ones that are not reccomended and or on the avoid list are more likely to be of lower quality.

If he really cares he can use a dmm to check rails and amps udner load.

Thats why I bought a 670 Watt Peak output, PC power and cooling power supply. Which also has a 5 year warranty.
Maybe I can use it for 5 years? One can only hope.

I will probably go through two changes of GPU's, CPU's and motherboards before it's warranty runs out.

I got that 5 year warranty too....i think all seasonic built supplies do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom