What are you favorite places to buy computer components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javalon

Beta member
I've been building my own computers for awhile and pretty much just buy my components from a couple places (Newegg, ZipZoomFly, occasionally Buy.com). I sometimes use search engines to look for deals but I can't tell who to trust as a lot of the vendor reviews seem like they might be fabricated by the vendors themselves (yeah, I'm a little paranoid ;)).

So I was hoping to get suggestions about where you look for good deals from vendors you trust. Any input is appreciated.

Newegg is the only place I'll ever buy comp components. I don't mind paying a little more (even though they are usually the cheapest) for the kind of service they put out.

Newegg, ZZF, NCIXUS, ClubIT, Tank Guys... usually I check Slickdeals if they have better deals on stuff

Online it's Newegg only, best prices and service. Brick and mortar, I try to stick with DIT Corp, the smallest chain in the city, cheaper prices than the big chains, and I don't have to wait for shipping. I know if I go to a mom and pop store, they're just going to order from Newegg anyway, they never seem to have a good selection.

Fry's.

Wait for one of their ads, and you won't beat their price. Not on newegg, not anywhere.

Plus, I like knowing I can just run up to the store to replace my item. No shipping.

Online, I like tigerdirect. Newegg is good, too.

But I usually use pricewatch.com if I am on a budget.

Newegg and eBay are usually the places I use. I go to frozencpu sometimes, they have alot of good stuff but there prices are not always the best.

these are just sites I have ordered from in the past
newegg
zipzoomfly
clubit
sundialmicro
tigerdirect
xoxide

Clubit, newegg and zipzoomfly are the best.. Always check other websites before purchasing you can really find deals.
Not to mention zipzoomfly usually has free shipping on all products..

Fry's.

Wait for one of their ads, and you won't beat their price. Not on newegg, not anywhere.

Plus, I like knowing I can just run up to the store to replace my item. No shipping.

Online, I like tigerdirect. Newegg is good, too.

But I usually use pricewatch.com if I am on a budget.

QFT, and Newegg much like the rest of the people who responded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom