Bilt my first pc... some Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
Ok Built my first pc with a tf570sli mobo, amd 64X2 6400 cpu, ultra xfinity 500w psu, geforce 8600gts. Most games and applications run much better than old name brand comp, but Hellgate is only running like 10-15 fps, where as before it would run 30-40 with only a am 64X2 4000 and same gpu... Kinda stumped on this and im not exactly a genius when it comes to these things so any help is greatly appreciated!

Well I reinstalled Hellgate and loading screen is still terrible but in game my fps is around 30-40 which is so much better. But with my setup Shouldnt i still be having higher numbers? One thing that has crossed my mind is when i built this comp I used the old hard drive with vista on it and I didnt reformat or anything and the bios recognized it no problem. Should I reformat anyways? Ive been hearing that I should?

The cpu wont change how many fps you are getting unless its a slow cpu, and when i built my pc i had to get a new mobo becuase the one i got was open box and it didnt have onboard audio so i sent it back and got a diff one and i didnt reformat so i donno i gusse you could if you wanted to but you should be ok...
:D

Well I reinstalled Hellgate and loading screen is still terrible but in game my fps is around 30-40 which is so much better. But with my setup Shouldnt i still be having higher numbers? One thing that has crossed my mind is when i built this comp I used the old hard drive with vista on it and I didnt reformat or anything and the bios recognized it no problem. Should I reformat anyways? Ive been hearing that I should?

Its an 8600gts, its not a very powerful card. you should have got at least an 8800gt.

A clean install is always best for performance and compatibility.

ah yes forgot to update that... just bought a 8800gt and that thing runs so much better than the 8600gts... hellgate still gives me problems but heck its the only game that does... and another question... i might have to start a new thread for this but i bought the biostar 570sli mobo... ive been hearing that my amdx2 6400+ cpu wont run on the mobo? it runs but am I not getting full potential out of it? if not what board do yall recommend for that cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom