Paging file recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've maxed out 4gb before editing multiple images in photoshop. Also messing with music editors can use up tons of memory

I'm running vista with 2 gig of ram.

My hard drive is partitioned, 222gig for games, music, video (other) and 10.7 for windows and small installs. (where the other gigs are is a mystery, should be 250gig)

Anyway i set my paging file to 500 Initial and 1500 maximum for both C: (the 10.7 gig) and D: (222gig).

Is this ok?

Can anyone else give me a better initial and maxium or maybe advice whether or not to put a paging file on what. Anything would be helpful.

I'm running vista with 2 gig of ram.

My hard drive is partitioned, 222gig for games, music, video (other) and 10.7 for windows and small installs. (where the other gigs are is a mystery, should be 250gig)

Anyway i set my paging file to 500 Initial and 1500 maximum for both C: (the 10.7 gig) and D: (222gig).

Is this ok?

Can anyone else give me a better initial and maxium or maybe advice whether or not to put a paging file on what. Anything would be helpful.
always put min and max to the same value, so it doesn't keep resizing and getting fragmented.

with Vista and 2GB RAM, I'd say give it 1GB paging file. With XP, you could disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom