Read THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone Wolf

Daemon Poster
I normally wouldn't bother posting this.... but i'm pretty damn annoyed by what i'm seeing lately. All these Jacka*sses coming around and posting whatever they want is just totally lame. If you are a said Jacka*s and have no intention to bide by the rules of this forum, then please LEAVE. This forum is not for you.

Just within the past few days I've noticed too many posts discussion some BULLSH*T about how to get MS XP or Office for free or similar. And I won't mention any names (Shadow Dragon & Altima Returns)... cough cough... but you know who you are. And if you're reading this thread, I'm gonna just be honest and tell ya i'm not thrilled to see the boards riddled with such questions. It only brings down the quality of the forums and I think the mods will agree with me on that.

It's not often that I find a forum that I like and where I find the mods to be knowledgeable and friendly. If you're gonna pollute the forums w/ such frowned upon topics, then I will stand up and say something about that.

I don't work for MS, nor any federal agency, nor do i have an axe to grind w/ anyone in particular. I don't care if you think if i'm a tight a*s or not... hell i've seen at other forums where a mod will lock down a thread for even mentioning Kazaa. Yeah that's right... atleast here the mods give plenty of freedom in that respect. So let's not abuse that privilege.

Lone Wolf, there are still a lot of people who dont have proper knowledge about EULA, software piracy etc. If they post in this forum about something that is illegal, they would be enlightened, rebuked or shunned. The mods know how to deal with the issue when the limit is crossed. This has been proved in the past.

maverick_teck said:
Lone Wolf, there are still a lot of people who dont have proper knowledge about EULA, software piracy etc....

That's total BS.

People KNOW that stealing software is ILLEGAL.. and there's no point in making a blatant posting about how to get a software for free.

There is no enlightenment when it comes to such topics. Either you have paid for the software or you have not. Simple.

I think Lone Wolf u need to read the post by Altima Returns more carefully. He doesnt ask how to get it for free . He thinks he already knows how to get it. LOL.
What he is asking is: would that work?
If u view the post technically, u may just tell him that it wont work and give him the reason for that. that would be enlightening him
If u think he is doing something wrong u may rebuke him.
Theres no point starting a new thread to voice ur opinions.
If u have to do that I think we have forum named as "site feedback and suggestions."
I know that people who have been using this forum regularly and for long will never post such queries. So ur request "So let's not abuse that privilege." doesnt matter much.
Its the new people that post such questions.
And u cant stop that by voicing ur opinion.
We have something called "forum rules". If that doesnt help do u really think ur starting this thread would help?

Thanks MicroBell.

Hey BTW, i noticed yesterday that while these threads were going on, there was no MOD logged in to lock/monitor said threads. Then I noticed like 3 MODS logged in you, Mike, & Shakie; after a few minutes, i noticed 2 had logged off and then it was just you. Do you guys have a pre-defined schedule of which one of you is gonna cover the boards? or is it more loosely defined? I know you guyz are busy witha F/T job besides monitoring the boards here ... if I PM you, will you get a e-mail right away notifiying you of my PM?

I agree 100 % There LoneWolf .

As far as the pm and the e-mail goes if you have it set that you will get an e-mail everytime someone answers the post you have posted at or pm'd you you should get an e-mail. which iI would think most Mod's have it set up that way.

Lobos

I would say the board is covered the majority of the time with a MOD, what with the timezones of everyone and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom