multi monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
I was wondering if you guys had any input on which would be better, i know its just prefrence, but you might have done the same and had experiance with it:

I hae a 22inch wide screen monitor. Im thinking of buying a 42inch 1080p hdtv which would be about 1000$. I would use it exclusively as a monitor. For half that, i could buy 2 more 22inch widescreen monitors and run a three monitor setup.

I have two questions

First off, since the third monitor would be on a seconds graphics card, would i still be able to extend the monitors and have a single desktop stretched, instead of detached view? would i be able to play games across all three?

Which do you think is the better deal/thing to do?

I thought someone on here said it was either a pain to run dual monitors w/ sli or if it were even feasible or it could of been getting 3 monitors to run. I forgot

well no not in sli. Im running 4 monitors right now, two on my 8800gt. and 2 on a pci graphics card. Im wondering if i can run a game stretched over three monitors, even if the third monitor is on a different graphics card. Also, if my motherboard has onboard, can i run two monitors on my main gfx, two on my pci card, and another on my onboard?

ive already said it a few times......i already have all teh graphics cards......i have it all running right now. I am able to stretch gaming over two monitors on teh same graphics card. Can i stretch it over three if the third is on a different graphics card?

Also, if my motherboard has onboard, can i run two monitors on my main gfx, two on my pci card, and another on my onboard?

To run your game on a third monitor would mean you'd need another 8800 and if your game is even capable of running in non-cooperative mode. It is possible to run two cards non sli though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom