I need a new computer, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like th eothers said, build it yourself. It's not hard at all to build one. If you can put a puzzle together, then you can build a PC. It only took me about an hour or so to build my first PC, and I actually had a lot of fun doing it. Had a great sense of self-accomplishment when I got it to boot up/install my OS the first time :D.

$350? are u buying a 10 year old ibm? what are u using this comp for. give me the specs of this computer.

Well, it was only the tower. Here's the specs.

400 watt PSU
AMD athlon 64 x2 4000+ dual core CPU
Asus m2a-vm amd 690g mobo
2 gigs of ddr2 pc6400 dual channel mem.
NVIDIA geforce 7100gs turbocache, supporting 256mb pci-e video card
200 gig SATA-II 3.0g/s 8mb cache 7200rmp HDD

for $395, however, I will probably go with 1 gig of RAM

And Drizzt5, any help would be greatly appreciated, I am just a little wary about building my own, because I know things have a habit of not quite working like they should.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authrorization.

It just means that you contact the manufacturer (or the place you bought the item from), and telling them that the item was bad when you got it, and you'll just need to ship it back to them/they'll ship you a new or refurbished item.

You can't do what yourself? Build it? Sure you can... like I posted in my earlier post...if you can put a puzzle together, you can put a PC together.

To get started, you'll need to tell us what you're gonna be using the PC mainly for, and what your budget will be.

also u will have to decide if ur going with vista,do u need a monitor/keyboard/mouse. are u from canada or us? (ncix.com is good for canada and new egg is good for the us)

Okay, I'm from the USA.

-If I am going to build it, I want it under $350.
-It needs to run XP, and should use IDE, not SATA for the hard drive.
-I do a little gaming, but not hardcore. My other one had 256 ram and I got by, so a gig will do.
-Pretty much it just needs to be a general computer.

The only thing I need it the tower, and I do not need a hard drive, as I already have a 500 gig one, which I wish to keep, and it is IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom